fbpx Skip to content

Dancing For a Cause a great success

What a great spectacle our eight local personalities put on in front of a sold-out crowd at the Trafalgar Centre on the weekend.

Hospice is very grateful to the Inspiring Youth Theatre Charitable Trust for organising the first Dancing for a Cause with us as the major charity. We hope we can continue the association for some years to come.

Not only is the event expected to raise about $90,000 – with 90% going to Hospice and the remaining 10% to support youth theatre – but it was also an awesome community event.

Special thanks also to choreographer and dance teacher Emma Silke-French, to the dancers – Ros Pochin, Pic Picot, Matt Lawrey, Rachel Boyack, Richard Carruthers, Rachel Reese, Matt Bouterey and Paul Hampton – to their dance partners, the sponsors,  to MC Murray Leaning, to the family of one of our patients who spoke on the night (Pam and Paul Bayard) and to hospice volunteers and staff who helped.

This Post Has 0 Comments

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Many thanks to our wonderful supporters:

Kahikatea sponsors

Kauri sponsors

Rimu sponsors

Nīkau sponsors

Rātā sponsors

Harakeke sponsors

Hybrid Bikes | Tasman Pine | Scott Construction | Proper Crisps | Smart Business Centre | Jarden | Gallagher Insurance NZ | Sounds Air | Azwood | GO Media | Be Seen More | Suzuki NZ | BNI Originals Nelson | Printhouse | Slightly Different | Blueberry IT | BNI Hive-Mind Connections | Dayman’s | Dilmah Tea | MS Ford | Trafalgar Royal Arch Chapter | Golden Bay Lions | Nelson Masonic Hall Company Ltd | Harcourts Foundation

Visit our Hospice Shops
For more information
Keep in touch

We produce a regular newsletter to keep our community up to date with happenings and ways to be involved.

Read our latest newsletter
Sign up for our newsletter
Follow us
Back To Top