fbpx skip to Main Content

Atawhaitai, manaakitia mō ake tonu

To care always

Nelson Tasman Hospice provide specialist palliative care through an interdisciplinary team of doctors, nurses, therapists and trained volunteers, to patients and whānau living with life limiting illness.

Nelson Tasman Hospice

Providing specialist palliative care services to the region

Nelson Tasman Hospice provides specialist palliative care services for people of all ages with life-limiting illnesses, supporting them, their whānau and carers, through illness, death and bereavement.

Our services are free of charge; however, it does cost to provide them. At present we receive 52% of our annual running costs from Te Whatu Ora, Health New Zealand, Nelson Marlborough, the remaining 48% must be raised every year. We could not continue providing these services without the generosity of our corporate sponsors and community, or our Hospice Shops

Volunteer

Volunteering for Hospice can be a great way to support the community, gain new experiences and meet new people. Help Nelson Tasman Hospice maintain its range of care and support services.

LEARN MORE >

Fundraise

Your support is vital to continue hospice care in the Nelson Tasman community. There’s lots of great ways you can help.

LEARN MORE >

Donate

You can help Hospice make up this funding shortfall by making a donation, organising a fundraising initiative in your community, funding a day of care, or volunteering your time.

LEARN MORE >

The tale of two Shiree’s – “Shiree” helps patients to access vital hospice services in memory of namesake

Shiree Smith was a wife, a mother, a beloved friend, a caring member of the local community and is also…

Coping with Christmas after a bereavement

Christmas, once a time of joy with a loved one, can become day of pain and grief, a stark reminder…

Interviews 2: Know us for when you need us…

Introducing Shardae Donker, Social Worker What does a day look like for you?  Coffee and meetings. I typically only work…

Working towards a Sustainable Future

The few weeks that have elapsed since the last ‘Hospice Matters’ newsletter have seen some interesting developments, with regards to…

Working together to support locals with life-limiting illnesses

‘Palliative care’ is the provision of specialist care for people of all ages facing a life-limiting condition supporting them, their…

Annual Nelson Tasman Hospice Trees of Remembrance Fundraiser Begins This Week – A Time For Reflection

Just in time for Christmas, Trees of Remembrance are popping up around Nelson Tasman again. As the hectic festive season…

Have you ever thought about partnering your business with a local charity like Nelson Tasman Hospice and wondered how to go about it?

  The Nelson Tasman Hospice Trust as a charitable trust currently receives just over half of our operational costs from…

The Sioux Line Dancer’s 12-hour dance-a-thon!

The Sioux Line Dancers have been dancing together across the top of the south since 1994; the group helps connect…

Take a Tour

Join Dominica Creswell, Clinical Nurse Leader SPCU, on a tour around Nelson Tasman Hospice.

Video sponsored by The Property Pilots

MORE ABOUT OUR SERVICES >

Many thanks to our wonderful supporters:

Visit our Hospice Shops
For more information
Keep in touch

We produce a regular newsletter to keep our community up to date with happenings and ways to be involved.

Sign up for our newsletter
Follow us
Back To Top