- This event has passed.
Event Series: Caregiver’s Toolbox
7 December 2022 @ 10:30 am - 12:00 pm
The aim of the Caregiver’s Toolbox is to provide support and practical information to family/whānau carers when their loved one has a life limiting illness.
- To provide a safe and welcoming environment for family/whānau caregivers to gather and share experiences.
- To provide practical information that assists the family/whānau in caring for their loved one in the last weeks/months of life.
- To empower family/whānau carers with confidence and knowledge around knowing what to expect when their loved one has a life limiting illness.
The course is spread over 4 Sessions over 4 weeks.
Week 1 – 23rd November 2022:
- What is palliative care?
- Getting the help you need
- Building a support network
- Building caregiver resilience
Week 2 – 30th November 2022:
- Symptom control/managing medications
- Nutrition – hints and ideas
Week 3 – 7th December 2022:
- How to support loved ones with decreased mobility, moving safely and using mobility aids
- Home care
- Caregiver’s fatigue
Week 4 – 14th December 2022:
- Understanding the dying process
- How to manage the unexpected – ‘what if’ plans
- Making the most of time that is left
These sessions are free to attend and informal, where you can come and share a cup of tea/coffee and have a chat. There will be a small group of up to 10 people. You are welcome to attend all 4 sessions or a session(s) of your liking. Due to limited numbers, registration is essential.
For all enquiries and to registar, please contact: Nelson Tasman Hospice Education Team, email@example.com or 03 546 3950