Updated 17 February 2022
The New Zealand Government has introduced Protective Framework (traffic light system) in the aim to reduce COVID-19 transmission during a world-wide pandemic. The Nelson Tasman region is now in Protective Framework – Red Setting
Nelson Tasman Hospice (NTH) has responded with updated visitor guidelines intended to keep our patients, their families, and our colleagues and volunteers safe. These visitor guidelines apply to all patients admitted to the SPCU (Specialist Palliative Care Unit) and their visitors. We also ask that you fill out the Visitor Screening form on page two of the document, if you do plan on visiting the SPCU.
As you may know, most of the care we deliver is in the community with over 200 people receiving care at their homes at any time. Home visits are still being made as usual.
If you require any other information, please don’t hesitate to get in touch. You can also find helpful links below, relating to the Covid-19 pandemic.
For updates and more information on keeping yourself safe: uniteforrecovery.govt.nz
Information on where to access Covid-19 help:
- Get proof of your vaccination status at My Covid Record
- Check the most recent locations of interest here
- For medical problems, call your GP as usual, or 111 in an emergency.
- Nelson City Council, Tasman District Council and the Nelson Tasman Civil Defence Emergency Management Group have provided a hotline for people with urgent welfare needs:
Nelson City Council 03 546 0200
Tasman District Council on 03 543 8400
- If you have a concern about the welfare of an older person contact Age Concern at (03) 544 7624 ext 2.
- Call or text 1737, free, any time to talk with a trained counsellor.
- General information on New Zealand’s coronavirus pandemic response is available on the Covid19.govt.nz website or at their uniteforrecovery.govt.nz site.
- Call the free Government helpline on 0800 779 997 (8am–1am, 7 days a week) if you’re not sure what assistance may be available or who to contact for help.
- Call the free Government support line 0800 22 66 57 (8am – 8pm, Monday–Friday) if you have questions about business issues or essential services.