Education and Training
Please click here for the latest training programme
Nelson Tasman Region Hospice education team provides a wide range of learning opportunities for health professionals, health workers, residential aged care staff, community colleagues and groups. The aim is to provide and promote evidence-based knowledge, skills and attitude to meet the palliative care needs of their patients, clients, families/whānau.
The team also provides staff support and assists organisations in palliative care quality improvement initiatives.
The learning activities and methods facilitated by an experienced specialist team provide an opportunity for experiential, exploratory and collaborative learning and we encourage and welcome participation and interaction from the course participants.
We offer a range of training programmes such as:
- An annual programme of workshops and seminars
- Outreach programmes tailored to meet needs and taught in the workplace
- Training and development of our own staff and volunteers
- Hospice New Zealand palliative care courses
- Placements within the Hospice Service
The training we provide is focused around the following areas:
- Understanding a palliative approach to care
- Advance Care Planning
- Advanced symptom management
- Communication skills needed in end-of-life care situations
- End-of-Life Care
- Psychosocial and spiritual care
- Syringe Driver Management